- Which jobs are lost during a lockdown? Evidence from vacancy postings in India (with Erin Kelley and Greg Lane)
Which jobs were “lost” during India’s COVID-19 lockdown? Which job-seekers were affected the most?
- Equilibrium effects of size-based policies on multiproduct firms
How are the implications of MSME-support policies different when we incorporate a firm’s decision to choose its product-mix, along with other standard production decisions (like entry-exit and firm size)?
- How important are matching frictions in the labor market? Evidence from a large Indian firm (with Abhijit Banerjee)
How important is being matched to the “right” job?
Coverage: PEDL CEPR interview
- Political institutions and policy responses during a crisis (with Sabyasachi Das)
Do countries with differing political institutions respond differently to a national crisis?
- Marriage markets and the rise of dowry in India (with Jeff Weaver)
How has dowry in India evolved over the 20th century and what theories of dowry explain this evolution?
Coverage: Live Mint, Ideas for India, Global Dev
Selected works in progress
1. Aggregate implications of barriers to female entrepreneurship
(with Pinelopi K. Goldberg)
5. The effect of storage capacity on price dynamics and production: Evidence from India
(with Sabyasachi Das and Shivakumar Venkatraman)
“Unless operational constraints on firms are removed, amending labor laws won’t work” , Hindustan Times, 26 May 2020
(with Ritam Chaurey)
Who gets LPG subsidies?”, Economic Survey of India, 2013.
(with Abhijit Banerjee)